WCGS welcomes all who are interested in genealogy. Experienced genealogists recommend joining a society where you live for educational and support purposes, and another in the place where you are researching, for the exchange of research information.
You do not have to have ancestors from Wake County, North Carolina to be a member. If you are local, WCGS meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month September through May. Note: the November and December meeting are combined and held in early December. You do not have to be a member to attend the WCGS monthly meetings. Please visit the Events
page for the meeting schedule and details.
- Wake Treasures, the Society's quarterly journal - access to all issues from 1991 to present
- Wake Genealogy Watch, the Society's newsletter
- Ability to participate in Special Interest Groups (SIG) such as the Family Tree Maker SIG
- Monthly meetings on the fourth Tuesday
- Unlimited free queries in the newsletter
- Access to members-only presentations
- Posts to surname database
- Contribute to forum discussions
- Notification of WCGS meetings and events
The WCGS membership year is from September 1 to August 31. Memberships received after May 31 are applied to the next membership year. Membership dues are:
- $25 for individuals
- $25 for institutions
- $30 for families (two people related by blood or marriage residing at the same address)
How to Join/Renew
To join, visit the Online Join
page where you can fill out a form and either (a) print it to mail with a check or (b) pay online through PayPal. To renew your membership, login to the Members Area
and then select the Renew Membership button on your profile page. The Renewal option is available beginning 45 days from the end of the society year.
If you prefer you may print this form
and use it for joining WCGS or for renewing your membership.